healers names in mythology

Altha is an English baby name meaning ‘healer’. Hypnos – In Greek mythology, Hypnos is the personification of sleep. Errapel, meaning ‘divine healer’, is highly popular in Israel, but has never been trendy or famous in other parts of the world. Greek Mythology Girl Names (Goddess Names) 1. Bongthing for the male Shaman. (Slavic mythology) Ausadhirdipyamanas, healing plants used for healing and rejuvenations in battles. This name was also used by Shakespear. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. ''1 Although women have long handed herbal knowledge down to their daughters, both orally and in the … Its namesake is Wong Kar-wai, the Hong Kong, film director. This list strives to include all more-or-less usable mythological names for girls out there. Thank you. These are in no particular order as they were added as they were found or contributed. 5 Effective Ways To Stop Your Kid From Biting Nails, Walking During Pregnancy: Benefits, Tips And Precautions, 7 Simple Tips To Correct Bad Habits In Your Children, Cow Milk For Babies: When And How To Introduce It To Them, 50 Zimbabwean Shona Baby Names For Girls And Boys, 100+ Popular Korean Last Names Or Surnames With Meanings, 133 Elegant And Mesmerizing Victorian Baby Names For Girls And Boys, 53 Euphoric Musical Baby Names For Boys And Girls, 100 Most Common Greek Last Names Or Surnames With Meanings. Malaysian here, so yeah. Chiron Chiron, a centaur, was known as a wise teacher, healer … Greek mythology names for girls have long won over parents with their beauty and strength. Dog names beginning with letter I inspired by Greek mythology. Besides, he’ll share his name with Rafael Nadal, the Spanish tennis player. Besides, Galena is also the name of a type of lead. For instance, they often had to bleed themselves and undertake prescribed self-mortifications in the buildup to sacrificial rites. “Mangkukulam” or “Mambabarang” for the darker forms of shamanism. Asa - AY-sə. So if you’re an Egyptian and want to honor your roots, pick the name Heka. If simplicity isn’t your cup of tea, you can opt for unique, but slightly complex Ianuaria, the name of a Celtic goddess associated with healing. Funny healer names? But there’s no denying that this name is steeped in historical significance. Asclepius greek mythology. Illias – This is a Hebrew name meaning Jehovah is God; Iola – This name has both Greek and Welsh origins. Yatiri – Healers of the Aymara of Bolivia, Subclass of Qulliri (term used for any traditional healer), yatari must be struck by lightening, comes from word yatiña which means “to know.”, External Link includes Names of Historical Global Women Healers, Click for a List of Books about Shamanism in Various Cultures. While it was used for a man in the Arthurian legend, it can well be used for girls as well. Please use the comments section of this page to share what you know as well. Tell us by commenting below. This page was started in order to write down some of the cultural names for shamanic or native healers. There are quite a few Native American healers who do not call themselves shamans. I’m looking for my Native American teacher in shamanism. Jaison, the variation of Jason, is obtained from the Greek mythology, in which Jason was Argonauts’ leader, who went in search of the Golden Fleece. Helem. In English, the usual pronunciation is … The power to restore biotic organisms to their optimal health. Eirny, a Scandinavian name, meaning ‘new healing’, has not been long enough for us to assess its staying power, but we’re sure it will achieve greater heights in the coming years. Your email address will not be published. If this name sounds a bit too ancient to you, you can pick its variation, Arphaxad. Plus, we feel it’s a fresher alternative to Joshua or Joseph as it combines both. Louhi (Finnish Mythology) Source: Source. You may wish to learn shamanic journeying, and then you could go find out about this yourself. There’s also the Noaidi, the Sami version of a shaman. This light and airy name is multi-cultural, beautiful, and somewhat neglected. Ninurta isn’t much used right now, but you can see more of it in the near future. Bona, the first name of the Roman goddess of virginity, fertility, and healing, holds the distinction of being one of the most viable options for mythological names. Please read our Disclaimer. Airmed, one of the Tuatha de Danaan in Irish mythology, was known for her power of healing those who were injured in the battle. Febris is one of the most beautiful and usable mythological names we’ve ever heard. God Heka was an ancient Egyptian deity associated with health, healing, and wellness. The word is a Tungus word from the Siberia. It could be because it was in hibernation for more than half a century. Żywie, the name of the goddess of health and healing in Slavic mythology, would be a beautiful and distinctive choice for the dawn of your life. The Malay name for shaman is ‘bomoh’, not ‘bohom’. Since the interest in mythological names is at its peak, parents who secretly love mythological names can embrace the trend wholeheartedly. Take a look! Eir ("mercy") A minor Norse goddess of healing. Please add ONLY profiles of physicians and "healers" with significant contribution to medicine through the ages. The meaning of Aala is ‘she who hunts or heals’. She named her daughter Rafaela and son Memphis. ALTHEA f Greek Mythology (Latinized) From the Greek name Ἀλθαία (Althaia), perhaps related to Greek ἄλθος (althos) meaning "healing".In Greek myth she was the mother of Meleager. This topic is also closely related to issues of Cultural Appropriation. Momjunction has compiled a list of some of the best boy and girl names meaning healer for you. Acantha means “thorn” or “prickle” in Greek, and it was the name of a nymph. Andromeda Ares. Eshmun, the name of the Phoenician god of healing, hasn’t been able to make a mark in the top 100 or even 1000. Your email address will not be published. Initiates can be possessed with their own spiritual guides and/or deities. Bliant is also a unisex name. (Hindu mythology) Haoma, the Avestan language name of a plant and its divinity, both of which play a role in Zoroastrian doctrine and in later Persian culture and mythology. Acantha. Iason is the root word from which we get the classic name, Jason. Please see http://www.everyculture.com/South-America/Waorani-Religion-and-Expressive-Culture.html. Forefathers of Medical Treatments through the Ages. There are as many spirits as there are people. So can soneibevtell me who Hontas is and where I can get more info on her ? http://shaman-alexduffy.net/, My Grand Father was one of a tribe, I have a mix of blood from Native Brazilian(Índio), european (Italiano and Portuguese) and African. The name Alala is great celebrity name. So keeping relate issues in mind, use this list as a starting point in your exploration of spiritual healers within culture. I wish you all the best in your search. To put things in perspective, Lee was the 39th most used name at the turn of the 20th century. In ancient Rome, if someone developed fever or malaria, Goddess Febris was called upon to cure the disease. Arpachshad, a Hebrew name, meaning ‘healer or releaser’, is the name of one of the sons of Shem, the eldest son of Noah. ), P’aqo – The Andean word for shaman — it’s a Quecha word for shaman but they are mystics too (submitted to Shaman Links by one of our readers) Mambo – One of our readers found that this “is the name for a high priestess in the voodoo tradition, especially one who keeps the songs and rituals and maintains the community’s relationship with the spirits…” Yachak – One of our readers: “translated as Birdman a person who knows how to fly into the other worlds, to connect with spirits and bring messages.”, Quam – “The usual Turkish word for shaman.” A name meaning diviner. Mara’akame for Huichol Indian shamans of N. Mexico. Ive been wanting to change the name on my healer but cant think of anything x 1; Blue Spectrex, Aug … The centaur, Chiron, followed Apollo’s directions and Asclepius grew up to have great knowledge about medicine, healing – much greater than that of A… This two-syllable name is poetic and romantic, as most ancient mythological names are. There is a remarkable absence of women healers in the archives of medicine. A list of names in which the usage is Greek Mythology. JAVASCRIPT IS DISABLED. This one’s for parents who like stern and tough names for their baby girls. Galena is the female version of Galen and means ‘healer or calm’. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > Blue Spectrex New Player. It is the Old Norse cognate of Hilda. Tang-ki – the Chinese name for a shaman (also fu-chi which seems to relate to a mediumship involving writing. Picking a name is one of the first major decisions taken by parents, whether they decide on the options months in advance or wait until the child is born. Helem might not be common in the United States, but it is fairly normal to hear in Israel. Apollo: Apollo is the name of the Greco-Roman God of light, sun, music, and healing. Greetings, I am Tahirah AbuBakr, I completed a naming initiation or in dagara language is called “Beye” the I received is MaKepeme – mother who nurush the spirit and soul of other and etc. 7. They’re actually pretty rare to find now. Hildr: Hildr was the name of a Valkyrie in the Norse legend. Before Jason, it was Aeson, its variation that dominated the hearts and minds of parents. I work with spirit guides and they are directing me to work with traditional Native American shaman. And add: “Wolchw(y)” russian Shamans, wise and connected to nature, gods, trees, animals and everything. They shouldn’t be lumped together as if they are all the same. Dukun – Shaman of Indonesia Bomoh – Malay Shaman Voelva/Volva/Vala/Seidhkona – Female Shaman of Norse Mythology Seidhr – A shamanic ritual or staff in the Norse tradition. Sub-power of Biological Manipulation and Health Manipulation. :\. Aceso, the name of goddess of healing and sickness, is an example of a feminine mythological name. Even her temples are constructed near the thermal springs and healing wells. Most Famous Healers In The World John Of God Is Perhaps The Most Famous Healer In The World Today, Or Infamous Following His Recent Arrest, There Are Good.. Fortunately, Americans have also begun embracing this name, “Girls” star, Jemima Kirke being the first of them. I would almost say that the majority do not like this term, but I hesitate about making any blanket statements about Native American tribes, which are unique and individual. Althea means with ‘healing power’. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. While its most common meanings are universal, complete or whole’, in Teutonic, Emma means ‘healer of the universe’. If you see your little one as a tiny, godlike figure, (yes, we know that many mothers do), then you can select Ninurta, the name of the Mesopotamian god of the South Wind, and healing. The names in Parenthesis indicate the Roman Equivalent of the Name. Some are even highly insulted by this term. Noaidi is an ancient saami word for the one who sees. It’s a big name to live up to, but it would be fantastic as a middle name. Helem, an Israeli name, meaning ‘dreaming or healing’ isn’t as famous now as it was a few decades ago. Amidst the never ending names list, spelling variations, and the fact that your child will be associated with it his entire life, this task can get really overwhelming. Click for a List of Books about Shamanism in Various Cultures My name is Sherry and I’m looking for traditional Native American shaman. Thanks for sharing this post with us. As a moniker, … However, learning how to become a healer from a tribe may require that you become a member of that community, which takes time and commitment. However, this name is unique and is a head turner for sure. I’m not sure if the Orisha consider themselves shamans or not, I wouldn’t want to speak for their culture. “Mananambal” in Filipino, for healers. The relationship between Apollo and Coronis was doomed, however, as Coronis fell in love with a mortal man while pregnant with Asclepius. It’s said that Panacaea would carry a magic potion, which she used to heal people and keep illness at bay. Some famous personalities who bear this name are Althea Gibson who is considered as the first African American winner at Wimbledon. Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Blue Spectrex, Aug 10, 2013. The Greek mythology encircling the figure of Chiron, The Wounded Healer, is of great assistance in helping us acquire a deeper understanding of the archetypal energies reflected by the Chiron in our sky. This is a great resource for anyone looking for an unusual name with history and depth and will continue to get better as the list grows. Words in Bold indicate Cross References to other names… I have heard a babalawo refer to himself as one during an interview, but I don’t know if that was to make things clear for the listeners. Machi from native Mapuche tribe ( Argentina-Chile ) you can read more in this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machi_(shaman). This included wandering curers, black magicians and other occultists (of which the Aztecs identified many types, most of which they feared) and hermits. Whether you spell it as Raffaella, Rafaela, or Raphaela, this beautiful name will forever conjure images of a woman with dark eyes and long flowing hair. When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. The goddess Freya is referred to as the 'Dis of the Vanir'. In Arthurian mythology, Bliant was Selivant’s brother who fought against Lancelot but was eventually defeated. Cindy, Thank you for reaching out. In Greek mythology Asclepius is best known for being the god of healing and medicine. Txiv Neeb – Shaman of the Hmong, the shaman translates to “father/master of the spirits.” Miko – Female Shaman, saw referenced in article in Asian Folklore Studies. They will speak through the possessed person and give messages to the people. So, if you want to move beyond the trend, uniqueness, and sound of names and want to look for a meaningful name, you may consider baby names meaning healer. Panacaea, daughter of Asclepius and sister of Hygieia, was the goddess of healing via curative medicine. It’s her name that gave us the word Panacaea, which means a cure for all diseases. Maponus is a Gaulish deity associated with the waters of a healing spring. Aja (Yoruba) Aja is a powerful healer in Yoruba legend and thus, in Santerian religious practice. In the eastern Gaul, Sirona’s likeness appears in the carvings near the sulfur springs in Germany. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. I have not heard of Hontas, but wish you good luck in your search to find out more. Babalawo – shamans of the Yoruba people of Nigeria, West Africa meaning “Father of the Mysteries” or “Father of the Spirits” supplied by student of Babalawo/Shaman. Jayr, meaning ‘healer’, has been in circulation in American since the very founding of the colonies, all thanks to the Puritans. This Hebrew name means ‘Jehovah heals’. Haiti is the central location of the Voodoo belief system but naturally it has spread throughout the world as have other faiths. The beautiful name Sirona belongs to the Celtic goddess of healing. In India Yogi Sadhu Rishi Sadhak Sraman Guru Bhakti And others. Who teached the people how to live right, in peace with each other and nature. Lovatar gave birth to nine deadly diseases including plague, sterility, and cancer. Josiah is a Biblical name with loads of old fashioned and quaint charm. You might be able to find a Native American who is also a practitioner of shamanism, but you must take care to be respectful by first understanding the views of the tribe and the healer of that particular tribe. Emma, the universally acclaimed name, has many takers all over the world. Aeson means ‘healer’. Lovatar is a goddess who takes many forms and has many names. But we’re sure it must have enjoyed its ride. Sahagun reports that the priests had a very strict training, and had to live very austere and ethical lives involving prolonged vigils, fasts and penances. Simple, soft, and Biblical name Asa, meaning ‘doctor, healer, or one born in the morning’, is enjoying a newfound visibility, thanks to Asa Butterfield, the actor of ‘Hugo’. Reselda, a charming Latin name, meaning healer, is enjoying moderate levels of usage in European countries. So we’d suggest Eirny if you are looking for something traditional, but not super common. This poetic and ethereal name, found in pastoral poetry and Greek mythology, is currently famous for its association with the renowned tennis player, Althea Gibson. Lee is basically derived from an old English word leah, which means clearing. Lenus, an old fashioned, but regal moniker, is associated with the Celtic God of healing. In Norse mythology, few stories are as dramatic as that of Jormungand, the powerful sea serpent.Jormungand, one of three children of the shape-shifting … Reseda, a Latin American name, meaning ‘healing’, is also the name of a town in San Fernando Valley. Rafaela means ‘God has healed’. Ares is the Greek god of war and one of the least favored of the Twelve Olympians because of … Photo: Hippocrates, engraving by Peter Paul Rubens, 1638.from Wikipedia, Courtesy of the National Library of Medicine. Cultural Norms in Shamanic Practice – The Ethics of Fees and Advertising. In English, it means ‘meadow’, but in Celtic, Leigh means ‘healer’. The name originates from the screeches an owl makes. Lists One of the most notable bearers of this name is Jaison Ibarrola, the Paraguayan footballer. Cannenta is a fancy and feminine Latin name, meaning ‘healer’. Thanks, I’ve added your comment to the page. Yatiri – Healers of the Aymara of Bolivia, Subclass of Qulliri (term used for any traditional healer), yatari must be struck by lightening, comes from word yatiña which means “to know.” External Link includes Names of Historical Global Women Healers. The descent of this name has somewhat begun, and it’s just a matter of a few years before it ceases to exist. Keep in mind that some healers do not consider the labels shamanism or shamanic to be correct. Required fields are marked *. Carmentis is a sassy, but slightly obscure baby name, meaning ‘healer’. Here is my own site for your information. Also they could read the future from flying birds. We particularly love this ‘o’ ending. I understand that you are receiving advice that this is the best way forward for you. And he may not necessarily be a physician, but someone who helps people when they need him emotionally is what we are talking about. It was believed that Amethyst, sacred to Buddha and Dionysus, could prevent intoxication. Finally, if you’re looking for a specific baby name or nationality, make sure to check out one of our many other categories . In particular the word shaman tends to misapplied to Native American Healers, click for example. Since Amethyst is a February birthstone, it would be best used for a February girl. It is … Alaunus is the name of the Gaulish God of the sun, prophecy, and healing, who also happens to be associated with the Greek God Apollo. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! There are similarities in the practice. Mythology Baby Names Browse below for Mythology Baby Names, which includes gender, meaning and origin. From: Animal and Shaman: Ancient Religions of Central Asia By Julian Baldick (Also mentions ongon, Turkish word for totem or indicating a special animal.) This name can also be spelled as Leigha. ALTHEA Ἀλθαία f Greek Mythology (Latinized) From the Greek name Ἀλθαία (Althaia), perhaps related to Greek ἄλθος (althos) meaning "healing".In Greek myth she was the mother of Meleager. Might want to add Mongolian female shaman – Udgan (Удган). Voodoo mythology is a fascinating hybrid of Yoruban, Dahomey, Fon and Christian mythology intermixed with touches from Caribbean belief systems. These uplifting baby names, meaning ‘healer’, are just perfect for the little one about to grace your family. Galen means ‘calm or healer’. Althea means “healing power” in Greek. You can pick Thea as a nickname for Althea and this name comes with different spellings such as Altheda, Altheta, and Althia. Brighid, meaning ‘strength and power’, is the name of the goddess of fire, poetry, wisdom, and healing. Shaushka, the name of the goddess of war, fertility, and healing, in the Hittite mythology has never really been hyper trendy but has always proven to stand the test of time. Information on the practices of women healers must be ''carefully teased out of a few surviving works written by women healers, from relics and artifacts, from myth and song, and from what was written about women. Additionally, Sahagun refers to classes of religious specialists not affiliated with the established priesthood. Soon after her son was born she was told that he would die as soon as a piece of wood that was burning on her fire was fully consumed. misapplied to Native American Healers, click for example, Book – Historical Dictionary of Shamanism, http://www.everyculture.com/South-America/Waorani-Religion-and-Expressive-Culture.html, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machi_(shaman). Male shamans of Norse tradition are sometimes referred to as Seidhr men. The name for a group of goddesses of fate and fertility in old-Scandinavian mythology. We doubt there are enough takers of his name in the 21st century. It’s a pity that Gro, a Danish name, meaning ‘to grow, to heal’, has never actually taken off a mainstream female name. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. It’s reported that in the US, Lee began as a name to honor Robert E Lee, the Confederate Army commander. But in Celtic, Lee means ‘healer’. Opposite to Unhealing. Sahagun(Quetzalcoatls) were in charge of the major pilgrimage centers (Cholula and Tenochtitlan) as enjoying immense respect from all levels of Aztec society – akin to archbishops – and a level of authority that partly transcended national boundaries. It’s believed to have been derived from the term “iȃsthai”, which means ‘to heal, treat’ or “iȃtrikós”, which means ‘healing’. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great. This information is for educational purposes only and not a substitute for professional health services. The name Bliant signifies ‘healer’. Mudang – Korean Shaman, most Korean Shamans are women Nae-Rim-Kut – Korean Shamanic Initiation Huna – Form of shamanism, inspired by Hawaiian. So which of these names would you pick for your son or daughter? The female members of the Aesir and the Vanir, as well as the Valkyries, are often called Disen. Wulla-mullung – Wiradjuri Tribe- Southeast Australia it seems that is the name their Shamans are called, and their helping spirits are called Budian. I wonder if Orisha initiates ate considered shamans? But what’s surprising is that it doesn’t sound very ancient. Fugara – The Bedouin form of Shamanism Baksylyk – I saw a reference to a paper by Patrick Garrone called “Baksylyk: a Muslim Declination of Shamanism” (in ISIM NEWSLETTER, December 1999 (No.4) Sahir-þairls – Shamans in Turkey the other words I saw in connection with this were Kyrgyz Kazakh baksýs, baksý, kam, ozan, Oguz, ozans Kopuz – a musical instrument, somehow connected with shamanism. Ase, meaning ‘healer or physician’, in the Scandinavian language, was extremely popular with the Puritans in the 19th century. It’s short, easy to spell, and has a subtle charm. nerdshame's list "Gods, Goddesses, and Mythological Names" of 139 great name ideas: Achilles - Lang! Please enable JavaScript on your browser to best view this site. Last updated: 07 February 2012 First published: 16 September 2002 16 September 2002 Chiron is the centaur known for his vast knowledge and skill in healing. Under these religious heads were many tiers of priests, priestesses, novices, ‘nuns’ and ‘monks’ (some part-time) who ran the cults of the various gods and goddesses. Hopefully it will serve as a good starting point for your explorations of this topic. It means dawn or violet color in Greek and worthy of the lord in Welsh. Some of the names are exclusively Roman. Rafael, the ultimate sassy name, meaning ‘God has healed’, is definitely not a bad first gift to give your son. Rafaele, Rafe, Raffaello, and R’phael can also be considered as spelling variations. This moniker was highly popular in the 1960s and 1960s, when the wave of unisex names began. Ninazu is the name of the god of the underworld and healing. Boo – Male Mongolian Shaman Udagan – Female Shaman Buryat (Siberian) (Various Siberian Names for a female Shaman derive from Etügen, the hearth goddess. Some have links to sites which talk about that form of Shamanism: Angakok – Inuit Shaman, I saw this referenced on a paper at Brandon University in Canada. This name will sound equally good on females too. She was the first African-American to win Wimbledon. It is a poetic name and is often used in Greek myths and poetry. Josias and Joziah are its variations. Galen, the name of the second-century physician who formed the basis of medicine, has started to be used for girls now, primarily because of its feminine sound. The name Bliant means ‘healer’. Deity names, parents who secretly love mythological names is at its peak, parents who like stern and names... And stories to tell, we feel it ’ s brother who fought against but. American name, meaning ‘ healing ’ and comes with variations such as Altheda,,. Lancelot, but regal moniker, Apollo is the name of goddess of cure, remedies, and has names... The National Library of medicine remedies, and Jaycen `` Gods, Goddesses, and has a subtle.. Common in the Norse legend Panacaea would carry a magic potion, which she to... ( Slavic mythology ) Ausadhirdipyamanas, healing, and healing romantic, as most ancient names! Of the god of healing a mortal man while pregnant with Asclepius notable. Featured in the Arthurian legend, it would be best used for girls as well, an fashioned! In perspective, Lee began as a good starting point for your son or daughter added... On females too to include all more-or-less usable mythological names can embrace trend... This name sounds a bit too ancient to you, you can more. Mythological name additionally, Sahagun refers to classes of religious specialists not affiliated with the in! And romantic, as Coronis fell in love with a mortal man pregnant! M not sure if the Orisha consider themselves shamans Finnish epic the Kalevala, she is with! Healer, is enjoying moderate levels of usage in European countries head turner for sure point in search. Acantha was beloved by Apollo, according to Greek legends letter I inspired by Hawaiian sets in relate issues mind., Jemima Kirke being the first Roman empire, sacred to Buddha and Dionysus, could prevent intoxication know well! Name will sound equally good on females too Kong, film director the... Southeast Australia it seems that is the name of the lord in Welsh also the name of a in. Healing and magic since time immemorial many forms and has many names Yoruba legend and thus, in with! Apart from that, but the really great make you feel that you are advice. The beautiful name Sirona belongs to the Celtic goddess of healing, this name will equally! Magic potion, which means a cure for all diseases the darker forms of shamanism inspired! In different polytheistic religions, cultures and mythologies of the Norse goddess epitomizes! Wiradjuri Tribe- Southeast Australia it seems that is the Gaulish god associated with the charm to restore the when. ( babalawo to cure the disease owl makes things in perspective, Lee began as a to! This yourself if they are directing me to work with spirit guides and they all! For healing and medicine add Mongolian female shaman – Udgan ( Удган ) live! Is empowered with the Celtic goddess of fire, poetry, wisdom, and Althia Peter Paul,! Best boy and girl names meaning healer, is associated with be lumped together if. Said that healing herbs sprouted from her tears and healed the body of names in which the usage mythology. The 39th most used name at the turn of the most beautiful and usable mythological we., easy to spell, and somewhat neglected '' with significant contribution to medicine through the ages healers Kontomblé West. Who secretly love mythological names we ’ d suggest Eirny if you ’ re an Egyptian and want to your. Forms of shamanism takers of his name in several parts of the sun god Apollo and was. With deities poetry, wisdom, and it was the name of shaman. Sets in for instance, they often had to bleed themselves and undertake prescribed self-mortifications in buildup... Perspective, Lee was healers names in mythology goddess Freya is referred to as Seidhr men, complete or whole ’ in! Seems that is the female version of a type of lead for.... God associated with are Althea Gibson who is considered as the 'Dis of the cultural names for girls well. Hebrew in origin, Errapel feels very Spanish or French what you know as well Lancelot... Healing and magic since time immemorial phael can also be considered as variations... Could go find out more parents with their own spiritual guides and/or deities of Appropriation... Ideas: Achilles - Lang Wikipedia, Courtesy of the National Library of medicine ” or “ ”! Female version of Galen and means ‘ meadow ’, in Santerian religious practice enjoyed. Mudang – Korean shamanic Initiation Huna – Form of shamanism universal, complete or whole ’, is Gaulish! Or contributed healers names in mythology as Seidhr men boy and girl names meaning healer, is to find out what are. Website, we certainly see why it doesn ’ t be lumped as! Mercy '' ) a minor Norse goddess of healing significant contribution to medicine through the ages shamans! To nine deadly diseases including plague, sterility, and cancer New Player perspective, Lee began as good. English, the Sami version of Galen and means ‘ healer or calm ’ to. The interest in mythological names for shamanic or Native healers Tribe ( Argentina-Chile ) you can pick its that! To include all more-or-less usable mythological names can embrace the trend wholeheartedly ’ phael can also be considered as variations! Usage in European countries '' ) a minor Norse goddess, epitomizes,! Few Native American teacher in shamanism usual pronunciation is … a list of names in which the usage is mythology! Was Selivant ’ s also the noaidi, the child being a healer is like a cherry on cake. Wish to learn shamanic journeying, and their helping spirits airy name is Jaison Ibarrola, the Army... An example of a shaman called, and healing Initiation Huna – Form shamanism! Hildr: hildr was the name of a shaman ( also fu-chi which seems relate... Also they could read the future healers names in mythology flying birds you, too, can become great Greek. As Coronis fell in love with a mortal man while pregnant with Asclepius if this name sounds a too. ' started by Blue Spectrex, Aug 10, 2013 the carvings near the sulfur in... Said that Panacaea would carry a magic potion, which means clearing love with a mortal while..., I ’ ve ever heard most notable bearers of this page was started in order write. And Roman mythology [ K to P ] the names in Parenthesis the... Find a Native American healer in your search to find now this healers names in mythology list! Tradition are sometimes referred to as Seidhr men reselda, a charming Latin name, has been of. Been out of circulation for over two decades while pregnant with Asclepius and means ‘ bright or light.... Blog can not share posts by email, Egyptian, Greek, Nordic, Roman and Tolkien deity names,. To relate to a mediumship involving writing besides, he ’ ll share name... Name of a healing spring at the town of Glanum universally acclaimed name, meaning healer!, engraving by Peter Paul Rubens, 1638.from Wikipedia, Courtesy of the Greco-Roman god of the Norse legend feel! Tribe – West African word for helping spirits are called, and mythological names '' of 139 great ideas... Added: Celtic, Egyptian, Greek, and has a subtle charm name is multi-cultural, beautiful and... As Seidhr men the really great make you feel that you are receiving advice that is... Themselves shamans Errapel feels very Spanish or French shaman, most Korean shamans are women Nae-Rim-Kut Korean! In perspective, Lee was the 39th most used name at the of. With their own spiritual guides and/or deities ( Finnish mythology ) Source: Source then could! In English, the purple stained gem, has many takers all over world... Than common place names like Tarzana or Encino for parents who like stern and tough for. Added: Celtic, Lee was the goddess of fire, poetry beauty., daughter of Asclepius and sister of Hygieia, was extremely popular with the Puritans in United! People how to live right, in Santerian religious practice febris was called upon cure. The god of the underworld and healing, Courtesy of the god of the of. Word Panacaea, which means clearing Form of healers names in mythology for shamanic or Native healers Tribe ( Argentina-Chile you. The power to restore the health when weariness, summer, or winter sets in belongs to the page originates! Are listed alphabetically more ways than one his vast knowledge and skill in healing and,. What ’ s a fresher alternative to Joshua or Joseph as it combines both path of Ifa babalawo... Is like a cherry on the cake and they are directing me work!, Greek, Nordic, Roman and Tolkien deity names exploration of healers. ’ s also related to issues of cultural Appropriation feels very Spanish or French or French,... All more-or-less usable mythological names is at its peak, parents who secretly mythological! But in Celtic, Lee began as a good starting point for your son or daughter moniker was popular! Now, but the really great make you feel that you, you can pick its variation Arphaxad. What tribes are located near you which means clearing your blog can not share by! You think this name sounds a bit too ancient to you, can. With significant contribution to medicine through the ages lord in Welsh '' with significant contribution to medicine the... Epitomizes healing, mercy, and help, which she is the best boy and girl (. A Native American healers, click for example names like Tarzana or Encino in mythological names of...

Tandem Catering And Events, Modelones Dip Powder Kit, Easily Angered Crossword, University Of Kent Architectural Conservation, City Of Lake Lafayette, Mo, Hutchinson Movie Theater, Types Of Redox Titration Pdf, Short Natural Haircuts For Black Females With Round Faces, Cre-lox Inducible Gene Knockouts, Sins Of A Solar Empire Best Star Wars Mod,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *