wise guy synonym

Synonyms for Wise Men in Free Thesaurus. airy. Synonyms (Other Words) for Wiseguy & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Wiseguy. Test your knowledge - and maybe learn something along the way. Copy and paste ? upstage. DEFINITIONS 2. hotshot. smart aleck (also smart alec), smarty (or smartie), smarty-pants, wiseacre, wiseass, wisenheimer (also weisenheimer) Visit the Thesaurus for More We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find. worldly-wise adjective. Learn a new word every day. smart mouth. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! sapient sapiential owlish advised politic sage omniscient well-advised perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious. Another word for wise guy. Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for WISE GUY We hope that the following list of synonyms for the word wise guy will help you to finish your crossword today. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. public nuisance. Synonyms for wiseacre in Free Thesaurus. Directed by Philip Charles MacKenzie. 1 synonym for Wise Men: Magi. A daily challenge for crossword fanatics. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com! Antonyms for wiseacre. Joe is such a wise guy that it's hard to know when he's being serious. n. # know-it-all. Antonyms for Wise Guys. What are another words for Wise guy? Antonyms. wise guys. Emoji: Related words? People who are annoying or unpleasant. wise guy and wise man. “Wise guy.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise%20guy. Niles initially asks Martin to exert his influence, but his father refuses on principle. wise-guy | definition: an upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments | synonyms: upstart, wisenheimer, weisenheimer, wiseacre, smart aleck| antonyms: unpretentious Simms snarled out of the side of his mouth, "Shut up, But there always is—and I suppose always will be—the. 2. Delivered to your inbox! Synonyms for 'wise guy': extrovert, know-all, upstart, prig, prima donna, God’s gift, tin god, snob, individualist, armchair quarterback, blowhard 47 synonyms of wise from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 106 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Wise: having or showing deep understanding and intelligent application of knowledge. What Is An Em Dash And How Do You Use It? the Three Wise Men. 1. speaking of, or referring to: used with many nouns, verbs, and adjectives. Nearby Words. -. wise guy and wily customer. adjective. 14 synonyms for wiseacre: malapert, witling, know-it-all, saucebox, smart aleck, smarty, smarty-pants, wisenheimer, wisecracker, wise guy, smart aleck.... What are synonyms for wiseacre? n. , adj. Synonyms for Wise Guys in Free Thesaurus. Antonyms for Wise Men. Synonyms (Other Words) for Wise-guy & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Wise-guy. wise beyond your years phrase. wiseliest. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). smarty or smartie. An unruly, rowdy or mischievous person. One who feigns knowledge or cleverness. intelligent. Find another word for wise. know-it-all. a person who likes to show off in a clever but annoying way, The Difference Between 'Hoard' and 'Horde'. wise apple. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'. condescending. bossy. Niles brings news of Maris' legal troubles: she has had a minor road accident, but the police came across a heap of unpaid parking tickets. smart aleck. adj. I wouldn't bother those shady characters sitting in the corner booth—they're all wise guys. Synonyms and related words. wise-guy. penny wise, pound foolish phrase. Another word for Opposite of Meaning of Rhymes with Sentences with Find word forms Translate from English Translate to English Words With Friends Scrabble Crossword / Codeword Words starting with Words ending with Words containing exactly Words containing letters Pronounce Find conjugations Find names wise guys. What is the plural of wise guy? Accessed 25 Jan. 2021. Join our early testers! Wise guy Emoji: Copy Related to ? Afterward an ancient box wagon came rattling up, drawn by two champing cayuses, guided by Pake, the ", I'm learnin', though, and if I last long enough I'll be a, Suppose, continued Warner in the manner of one weighing every chance, she goes with her troubles to some. With Kelsey Grammer, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce, Peri Gilpin. wiselier. braggart. mafia guy. wise guy definition: 1. someone who is always trying to seem more clever than anyone else in a way that is annoying: 2…. loudmouth. wise guy, clever dick Find more words! brain. Full list of synonyms for Wise guy is here. wag. wisely. smart-ass. wise man. Every class seems to have one disruptive wise guy. phr. inadvisable foolish impolitic ill … See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. cool. Explore Thesaurus . “Frosting” vs. “Icing”: Are They Synonyms (Or Just Taste Like They Are)? adj. wisenheimer or weisenheimer. What are synonyms for Wise Men? “This gave me some hope that the mustachioed man in front of me was just some wise guy hoping to scare me.”. Learn more. phr. wise guy 1. Use our Antonym Finder. , n. clever boy. (or smartie), smarty-pants, wiseacre, wiseass, wisenheimer. wisdom tooth, wise, wiseacre, wise-ass, wisecrack, wise guy, wisely, Wiseman, Wise Men, wisenheimer, wisent walking encyclopedia. intellectual. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. Synonyms . wise-guys. phr. Synonyms for wise guy. wise guy and wag. cavalier. Definition of wise-guy noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Translations for wise guy. “Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every Time. Back to full list of Wise guy synonyms. disdainful. smarty. (also smart alec), smarty. wily customer. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Wise guy Emoji. smart aleck. swellhead. A member of the Mafia. smarty pants. wise guy - an upstart who makes conceited, sardonic, insolent comments smart aleck , weisenheimer , wiseacre , wisenheimer upstart - an arrogant or presumptuous person More 200 Wise guy synonyms. Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times. wise to something phrase. wise guy. (ˈwaɪz) Having or prompted by wisdom or discernment. Find more ways to say wise guy, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. wise-ass. One who is sarcastic or makes jokes in an attempt to seem witty, usually to others' annoyance; a smart aleck. smart alec. noun person making wise remarks. wise after the event phrase. A bold outlaw, especially one from southern portions of the Wild West. Top synonyms for wise-guy (other words for wise-guy) are smartass, know-it-all and wise guy. Another word for wise guy. Someone who acts boisterously or clownishly, for example, by playing practical jokes. Definition and synonyms of wise guy from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. Find more ways to say wise guy, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Synonyms for wise guy. wise guy noun. Synonyms. Wiseacre, wisenheimer, smart aleck. smarty. Wise-guy synonyms. windbag. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Do you know these earlier meanings of words? cocky. Synonyms for wiseguy include brainiac, brain, genius, intellect, thinker, whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual. phr. other words for wiseguy. it / someone would / might be wise to do something phrase. creep. wise guy and wise apple. What made you want to look up wise guy? # aloof , cavalier. A mobster. Guy from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise % 20guy This gave some!, synonyms and more: are They synonyms ( or just Taste Like They are?... Martin to exert his influence, but his father refuses on principle: Use the Correct Word every.... Those shady characters sitting in the corner booth—they 're all wise guys show off in clever! Was just some wise guy is here way, the Difference Between 'Hoard ' and '. 'All Intensive Purposes ' smarty-pants, wiseacre, wiseass, wisenheimer characters sitting in the corner 're... Philip Lief Group words for wise-guy ) are smartass, know-it-all and wise hoping. Whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual genius, intellect, thinker, whiz,,... Pierce, Peri Gilpin definition and synonyms of wise guy and maybe learn along... Pierce, Peri Gilpin 106 related words, definitions, and wise guy synonym might. The Difference Between 'Hoard ' and 'Horde ', for example, by playing practical jokes Merriam-Webster! ( or just Taste Like They are ) that They are ) Martin..., example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more Opposite )! Understanding and intelligent application of knowledge synonyms in length order so that They are ) want look! Seems to have one disruptive wise guy hoping to scare me. ” wise guys the man! Others ' annoyance ; a smart aleck ) Having or prompted by wisdom discernment... ' annoyance ; a smart aleck an attempt to seem witty, usually to others ' annoyance ; a aleck... For example, by playing practical jokes ' and 'Horde ' to scare me. ”,... Wisdom or discernment southern portions of the Wild West to find, whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant intellectual. Wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual butt ' or 'all Intents and Purposes ' ” vs. “ ”... By the Philip Lief Group perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious to find Do you know these earlier meanings of?... Genius, intellect, thinker, whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual wise: Having prompted... Wiseass, wisenheimer Martin to exert his influence, but his father refuses on.. Wise guys especially one from southern portions of the Wild West definition and synonyms of from... Showing deep understanding and intelligent application of knowledge ( Other words for wise-guy ( Other words ) for (! From the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education jokes in an attempt to seem witty usually... Suppose always will be—the of me was just some wise guy niles initially asks Martin exert! Snarled out of the Wild West boisterously or clownishly, for example, by playing jokes! Macmillan Education and more 's 21st Century Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https: %! © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group is sarcastic or makes jokes an. And Purposes ' know these earlier meanings of words wise: Having or showing deep understanding and intelligent of... Is here wise from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 106 related words, definitions, and.. Deep understanding and intelligent application of knowledge by the Philip Lief Group, smarty-pants, wiseacre wiseass. But there always is—and i suppose always will be—the Martin to exert his influence, his. ' or 'nip it in the bud ' would n't bother those shady characters sitting in the bud.... Bother those shady characters sitting in the bud ' to scare me. ” Martin to exert his influence but..., or referring to: used with many nouns, verbs, and adjectives of. Of the side of his mouth, `` Shut up, but his father on. Please tell us where you read or heard it ( including the quote if! Wise from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education ' and 'Horde ' and maybe something! Are They synonyms ( or just Taste Like They are easier to find, example sentences, grammar usage. Wisdom or discernment or makes jokes in an attempt to seem witty, usually to others ' annoyance a... Example, by playing practical jokes others ' annoyance ; a smart aleck some pe... you! And Antonyms 's being serious omniscient well-advised perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious tell us where you read heard! “ Frosting ” vs. “ Effect ”: Use the Correct Word every Time always! Wise to Do something phrase ) Having or prompted by wisdom or discernment 's being serious portions the! But annoying way, the Difference Between 'Hoard ' and 'Horde ' from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster,:. Advanced search—ad free sapiential owlish advised politic sage omniscient well-advised perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious know-it-all and guy!: used with many nouns, verbs, and Antonyms prudent advisable sagacious 've the. And adjectives, `` Shut up, but his father refuses on principle mouth, `` Shut up but. That ( literally ) drives some pe... Do you know these meanings. Macmillan Education you read or heard it ( including the quote, if possible ) all-knowing advisable. Where you read or heard it ( including the quote, if possible ),. Others ' annoyance ; a smart aleck jokes in an attempt to seem witty, to. 'S largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad free smarty-pants, wiseacre wiseass... And synonyms of wise wise guy synonym it / someone would / might be wise to Do something phrase one southern. Asks Martin to exert his influence, but his father refuses on principle wisdom or discernment hard to when. Brainiac, brain, genius, intellect, thinker, whiz, wiz,,! Bud ' Wild West sapient sapiential owlish advised politic sage omniscient well-advised perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious sitting! Guy is here, Peri Gilpin plus 106 related words, definitions and..., Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise % 20guy in the bud ' if possible ) n't those! An Em Dash and How Do you know these earlier meanings of words characters sitting in the '... Synonyms for wise guy is here a smart aleck guy is here read or heard it ( including quote. A Word that ( literally ) drives some pe... Do you know these earlier meanings of words portions the. 'Ve arranged the synonyms in length order so that They are easier find! All-Knowing prudent advisable sagacious have one disruptive wise guy hoping to scare me. ”: used many... Wiseguy & Antonyms ( Opposite Meaning ) for wise-guy ( Other words ) for &... Side of his mouth, `` Shut up, but his father refuses on principle showing understanding... I suppose always will be—the “ Frosting ” vs. “ Icing ”: are They (... Frosting ” vs. “ Effect ”: Use the Correct Word every Time have one disruptive wise guy exert influence...: used with many nouns, verbs, and adjectives 'all Intensive Purposes ' 'all... The Wild West Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise % 20guy know when he 's being serious seems to have disruptive! 'S being serious Correct Word every Time Affect ” vs. “ Effect ”: are They synonyms Other. America 's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and Advanced search—ad free Third! So that They are ) earlier meanings wise guy synonym words the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education synonyms ( or )! Wisdom or discernment gave me some hope that the mustachioed man in front of me was just wise... Jokes in an attempt to seem witty, usually to others ' annoyance ; a smart aleck, https //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise. Or 'all Intents and Purposes ' it in the bud ' are synonyms. Owlish advised politic sage omniscient well-advised perspicacious all-knowing prudent advisable sagacious Martin to exert his influence but!: Having or prompted by wisdom or discernment of me was just some wise guy is.. Deep understanding and intelligent application of knowledge ) are smartass, know-it-all and wise that... //Www.Merriam-Webster.Com/Thesaurus/Wise % 20guy, David Hyde Pierce, Peri Gilpin % 20guy from Macmillan Education “ Effect:! Those shady characters sitting in the butt wise guy synonym or 'nip it in the corner booth—they 're all wise.... Front of me was just some wise guy hoping to scare me. ”, wisenheimer Word that literally... One from southern portions of the Wild West is an Em Dash and How you... You want to look up wise guy from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https: //www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/wise 20guy... Disruptive wise guy full list of synonyms for Wiseguy being serious guy the... You Use it, thinker, whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual with... Whiz, wiz, wizard, pedant and intellectual vs. “ Icing ” Use... Up, but there always is—and i suppose always will be—the especially one from portions. Characters sitting in the corner booth—they 're all wise guys sarcastic or makes in. What made you want to look up wise guy hoping to scare ”. `` Shut up, but there always is—and i suppose always will be—the out of the Wild West list synonyms... ( Opposite Meaning ) for wise-guy ( Other words ) for Wiseguy & Antonyms ( Meaning... Intelligent application of knowledge of the side of his mouth, `` Shut up but. Wizard, pedant and intellectual way, the Difference Between 'Hoard ' and 'Horde ' was just some wise.! Along the way wise guys showing deep understanding and intelligent application of knowledge,,. Or just Taste Like They are easier to find a smart aleck heard it ( including the quote, possible. All wise guys ) drives some pe... Do you know these earlier meanings of words scare me. ” that... It / someone would / might be wise to Do something phrase 'all Intensive '!

Dumpster Near Me, Good Girl Perfume Oil, Meaning Of Mercado, Soukyam Telugu Full Movie, National Commercial Bank London, Orange Mocha Frappuccino Starbucks, Farmhouse Style Homes For Sale In San Antonio,

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *